This one comes from straight from the creators of Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill. Anime Status=Sav–WTF is this shit? I know you need the money to fund Ninja Slayer and Little Witch Academia 2, but come on…
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace (Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de), a Studio Trigger adaptation of Nozomi Kota’s light novel. follows the literature club as, six months prior, they mysteriously and suddenly gain various superpowers:
- Jurai Andou has Dark and Dark: The ability to create dark fire that’s isn’t even really hot. His power sucks compared to everyone else’s.
- Sayumi Takanashi, the club president, has Route of Origin: The ability to restore anything she touches to its original state.
- Chifuyu Himeki has World Create: The ability to create pretty much whatever her imagination allows.
- Tomoyo Kanzaki has Closed Clock: The ability to speed up, slow down, or stop time.
- Hatoko Kushikawa has Over Element: The ability to control earth, water, fire, wind, and light.
- Mirei Kudou, the student council president, has Grateful Robber: The ability to steal any powers as long as it is shown to her.
However, since they gained superpowers, they thought they would be able to fight evil in the world. They thought wrong. Their lives actually just continue as usual.
I wouldn’t be lying if I said I wasn’t actually looking forward to this despite it being a light novel adaptation, which tend to be crappy. Granted I did have a few laughs here and there, but it’s nothing special, really. If you ask me, everyone but Andou’s power sound like they’re overpowered as hell, especially Chifuyu’s. I did find myself enjoying it alot more than I probably should. The premise does sound interesting to me, so maybe it could be something fun. Or could just could be yet another shitty light novel harem.